Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday. Blech.

My mother hated Thursdays. She thought that everything that could go wrong would do so... on a Thursday. I don't think that it is much of a coincidence that she actually died on a Thursday then.

I have not allowed my mother's suspicion of Thursdays colour my perception of the day. It is, after all, a day. It's not a visit to the dentist.

But today, I am having, what my mother would call "A Thursday".  My Bodhi cat is missing. I haven't slept and feel like hell and on top of that, while in the shower, I found a small lump under my arm. I have never shot out of the shower so fast. I asked Madelein to have a look at it - I didn't want to. She reckons it's an ingrown hair.

Sigh.

Fucking Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. I've always quite liked Thursdays, maybe because it's nearly the weekend. If you're not sure about the ingrowing hair theory, you should go to the doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say the lump's much more likely to be an ingrowing hair than anythign serious. Your doc would know for sure, though. I like Thursdays because they're close to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Thusday is over. Bodhi cat's body has been recovered and buried. Life, as they say, must go on.

    ReplyDelete