Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tam Tries... Daily Affirmations for One Month


A month ago I set out to find out if doing daily affirmations would actually make any kind of difference in my life. I've used affirmations before, but quite honestly, without any commitment whatsoever.

In the past, I would maybe do them for a week, half heartedly and then stop. This time, I decided to commit an entire month. OK - I didn't manage them EVERY single day. But I managed them most days, and tracked them in my bullet journal.

I found the affirmations available from Unlock Your Life, a YouTube channel, really helpful. I had no idea where to start, and the channel gave me a kick off. There are so many affirmation collections to choose from and I started off with Morning Energising Affirmations.

The owner of the channel is a lady named Sarah Dresser, who is an actual clinical hypnotherapist, which set my mind at ease that this was the real deal and not Fong Kong.

When I started, my energy levels swung between "meh" and "FML". My mood was quite low as well. At first, it seemed like the affirmations were a waste of time, but a week in and something happened: my energy had increased and I no longer felt as low as I did. By the second week, my energy was at normal and my self esteem was healthier.

Now my energy levels are between "neutral" and "good" with a few days of "really good". Mood is between "neutral" and "I love my life".

Have affirmations made a difference? I think they have. I've decided to try other affirmations on Sarah's channel and am commiting to doing affirmations daily till the end of the year.

Here's the video I started with:



I'd love to hear your feedback - will you take the one month affirmation challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment